Friday 17 May 2013

Book Quotes of the Week


Word cloud made with WordItOut
"Reading furnishes the mind with materials of knowledge; it is thinking that makes what we read ours." John Locke

“Read, read, read. Read everything -- trash, classics, good and bad, and see how they do it. Just like a carpenter who works as an apprentice and studies the master. Read! You'll absorb it. Then write. If it's good, you'll find out. If it's not, throw it out of the window.” William Faulkner


“When I sit down to write a book, I do not say to myself, ‘I am going to produce a work of art.’ I write it because there is some lie that I want to expose, some fact to which I want to draw attention, and my initial concern is to get a hearing.” George Orwell


"All good books are alike in that they are truer than if they really happened and after you are finished reading one you feel that it all happened to you and after which it all belongs to you." Ernest Hemingway


"Books and movies are like apples and oranges. They both are fruit, but taste completely different". Stephen King


Find more quotes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment