Monday 1 October 2018

Happy October!


Happy October to all my friends and readers

New Calendar picture with this
beautiful watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch


"Party am Strand"
"Party at the Beach" 



October is definitely autumn and I love the colours of the leaves on the trees. Not as colourful as the Indian summer in New England, I am told, but beautiful nevertheless.
There are many special events in this month. Breast Cancer Awareness is just one of them. My church (the Roman Catholics) celebrate the Month of the Rosary, my country German Unity Day, my Australian friends celebrate Labour Day, my Canadian friends Thanksgiving. So, lots to celebrate.

 And to my great delight, daylight saving time ends.
However, they only give us back one hour and not the 218 they have stolen from us all over the summer.


The birthstone for this month is the opal which can come in many colours and therefore it's supposed to bring luck.

Enjoy this month with this beautiful watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch. 

You can find many more wonderful pictures on their website here.

2 comments:

  1. Happy October to you! In the United States we also have Halloween. I love opals. My first true love gave me a ring with three small opals and I wore it even after we broke up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true. I keep forgetting that you have it at the end of the month. For us it's All Saints Day on the first of October, so next month. But we celebrate it very differently, of course.

      And your story about the opal ring proves Shirley Bassey right, diamonds ARE forever. LOL

      Delete