Monday 12 November 2018

Dodd, Lynley "Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy"


Dodd, Lynley "Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy" - 1983

Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy. Already the title makes you want to dive into the book and the illustration is very inviting, as well. All the kids used to love him. The rhymes are just too cute. The animals are so funny, starting with their names, Schnitzel von Krumm or Muffin McClay, for example, not to forget Hercules Morse.

If you have a little one and haven't read this to them, yet, Apparently, there are twenty books about all his friends now. And the author is from New Zealand, something I didn't know when I shared this book with my children.

From the back cover:

"Hairy Maclary goes off for a walk in town, followed by a few friends. All is uneventful until they meet Scarface Claw, the toughest tom in town, and run for home. The story is told by a brilliant, cumulative rhyming text and terrific pictures."

2 comments:

  1. It has been a while since I read a picture book. That cover is appealing for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a while for me since I read them with my children, too. But we are just sorting through their stuff and some of the most beautiful memories came up.

      Delete