Tuesday 17 March 2020

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Books with single word titles


"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at "The Broke and the Bookish".

It is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

Book with Single Word Titles

It's amazing how many books with a one word title there are, and yet everyone is totally different from the others. I had to delete many but - as usual - I had to come up with eleven nonetheless.

Abarbanell, Stephan "Displaced"
Aitmatov, Chinghiz "Jamilya"
Austen, Jane "Persuasion"
Brooks, Geraldine "March"
Byatt, A.S. "Possession"
Coetzee, J.M. "Disgrace"
Collins, Wilkie "Armadale"
Eliot, George "Middlemarch"
Morrison, Toni "Beloved"
Oates, Joyce Carol "Carthage"
Pamuk, Orhan "Snow"

2 comments:

  1. I have read March, Beloved and Snow. I think single word titles carry a lot in one word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. You have to put so much into that one word, people have to get an idea when they see it.

    You should try "Possession", I'm sure you would love it. And "Persusasion" is my favourite novel by Jane Austen. Have you read any of her other novels?

    ReplyDelete