Wednesday 8 March 2023

Spell the Month in Books ~ March

   

Reviews from the Stacks

I found this on one of the blogs I follow, Books are the New Black who found it at One Book More. It was originally created by Reviews from the Stacks, and the idea is to spell the month using the first letter of book titles.

It's easy to sea why Jana chose this topic, we have the beginning of spring this month, well, at least in the Northern hemisphere.

March: Spring


I found it difficult to find books that totally go with the subject this month but I managed in the end.

MARCH

M
Brooks, Geraldine "
March" - 2006
I just had to use this book for the first word, what would be more appropriate for March than "March".
A
Grjasnowa, Olga "
All Russians Love Birch Trees" (GE: Der Russe ist einer, der Birken liebt) - 2012
Birch trees bloom in the spring, as most hayfever sufferers can attest. I love them but I understand those who don't.

R
Tucholsky, Kurt "
Rheinsberg - a Storybook for Lovers" (GE: Rheinsberg - ein Bilderbuch für Verliebte) - 1912
A young couple in love goes on a weekend trip. I don't know whether it is mentioned at what time of the year they went, but don't you think the picture looks rather "spring-ey?
C
Harris, Joanne "
Chocolat" - 1999
Well, this I certainly know, the story takes place during Lent and that is definitely spring.

H
Berry, Wendell "
Hannah Coulter" - 2004
This book is part of a series of stories about the inhabitants of Port William. So, it takes place over a long period of time but I think the cover looks very much like spring.

It's not always the case, but I liked all the books from my March list.

Happy Reading!
📚 📚 📚

* * * * *

I am not feeling too well at the moment. My regular followers will have noticed. So, I am a little late with my Spell the Month in Books but since I prepared it already, at least I can post it now.

8 comments:

  1. I read 'Chocolat' some years ago & really enjoyed it. I liked the movie but the book was better.

    Sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you feel MUCH better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, Kitten, this is probably the only time we disagree. I didn't care more for the book and loved the film. One of the few occasions where this happens to me.

      Delete
  2. I decided to skip this last weekend, it was stressing me out, LOL! So sorry you are not feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy. I know what you mean. I really enjoy this challenge, so I usually find some way to get the list going.

      Delete
  3. I love that you started spelling out the month of March with the book March! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lark. I just had to. Couldn't help it.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks, Emma. This is actually the only book I read by this author. Which one would you recommend next?

      Delete