Monday, 12 December 2011

Cosby, Bill “Fatherhood”

Cosby, Bill “Fatherhood” - 1987

“You know the only people who are always sure about the proper way to raise children? Those who've never had any.” - Bill Cosby

I love Bill Cosby. “The Cosby Show” is one of the funniest programmes I know. Bill Cosby is both funny and wise, I could listen to his rantings, uhm wisdom, forever. So, it's a good thing he put them all into this fabulous book.

I am not a fan of short stories. But these aren't short stories. They are variations on a theme. Every story is on a different part of one subject, raising children. Bill Cosby knows all about that. I could just quote him all day long. One last one: “Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.” Wish he'd told me that before I ended both my sons' names with a consonant. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment