Monday, 12 December 2011

Franzen, Jonathan “The Corrections"

Franzen, Jonathan “The Corrections” - 2001

I read this book a while ago and didn't like it very much. I couldn't really connect to the people, none of them seemed "real". The whole writing style seemed unconnected. Maybe this was what Franzen tried to portray but he should let you feel the disconnection among the family members not between the reader and the book.

Actually, Oprah had Franzen on her list but he declined. I think that was part of the reason I read it. In general, I have enjoyed quite a few of the Oprah books and I just wanted to know why he made such a fuss about being on the list. I do understand now, he just doesn't fit in there.

Jonathan Franzen was shortlisted for the Pulitzer Prize for "The Corrections" in 2002.

No comments:

Post a Comment