Wednesday, 21 December 2011

Precht, Richard David “Who Am I and If So, How Many?"

Precht, Richard David “Who Am I and If So, How Many?: A Journey Through Your Mind” (Wer bin ich und wenn ja, wie viele? Eine philosophische Reise) - 2007

Usually, I read non-fiction more “on the side”. During the time I need for it, I read at least 2-3 novels.

In this case it was exactly the reverse. I could hardly put the book down. The individual sections were complete by themselves, so you could read a chapter every other month. But - I didn't want to.

Richard David Precht manages to make a subject as exciting as a thriller, a subject that can also be represented quite tough and boring. Sure, it's not a book for a philosophy student - although I'm sure they can learn from this, as well. But he offers a lot of knowledge for the average citizen that you would not find otherwise in such a vivid and entertaining way.

I would recommend this book to anyone who has even the slightest interest in philosophy and always wanted to know how this world works.

The book is objective and original. The fact that it has been translated into English after only a couple of years speaks for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment