Saturday 29 December 2012

My favourite books 2012 and 2011

A lot of friends keep asking me about my favourite book of last year. Tough question, I'm sure I'd give a different answer every day. And the same applies to my ten favourite books. However, I have been going through my list and have chosen a selection of books that have left an impression on me. I hope there is something there for everybody, I think there are quite a few different choices. Enjoy.

My favourite books 2012

Allende, Isabel "Island Beneath the Sea" (E: La isla bajo el mar) - 2010
Atwood, Margaret "The Handmaid’s Tale" – 1985
Bryson, Bill "A Short History of Nearly Everything" - 2003
Chang, Jung "Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China" - 1991
Follett, Ken "World Without End" – 2007
Hamill, Pete "Snow in August" - 1998 
Mandela, Nelson "Long Walk to Freedom" - 1994
Oates, Joyce Carol "Mudwoman" - 2012
Sackville, Amy "The Still Point" - 2010
Shute, Nevil "A Town Like Alice" - 1950 

My favourite books 2011

Bryson, Bill "At Home. A Short History of Private Life" – 2010
Camus, Albert "The Plague" (FR: La Peste) – 1947
Falcones, Ildefonso "The Hand of Fatima" (E: La mano de Fátima) – 2009
Ilibagiza, Immaculée with Erwin, Steve "Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust" – 2006
Lowenstein, Anna "The Stone City" (Esperanto: La Ŝtona Urbo) – 1999
Mortenson, Greg "Stones into Schools: Promoting Peace with Books, Not Bombs, in Afghanistan and Pakistan" - 2009
O'Farrell, John "An Utterly Impartial History of Britain or 2,000 Years of Upper Calls Idiots in Charge" – 2007
Pamuk, Orhan "Istanbul - Memories of a City" (TR: İstanbul - Hatıralar ve Şehir) – 2003
Ruiz Zafón, Carlos "The Prince of Mist" (E: El príncipe de la niebla) – 1993
Rutherfurd, Edward "The Forest" – 2000

2 comments:

  1. Great list....thanks for sharing.

    My list is below if you haven't stopped by and if anyone else wants to look at it. :)

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Favorite Books of 2012

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Elizabeth, I have seen your list. Quite impressive. I'm sure it will be interesting for some of my followeres, here, too, so thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete