Tuesday 28 April 2015

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Top Ten Books Which Feature Characters Who Love to Read

"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at "The Broke and the Bookish". Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

April 28: Top Ten Books Which Feature Characters Who Love to Read 
(The topic was general, I could have had: are musically inclined, have lost someone, have depression, who grow up poor, etc. but I chose this, of course. Who wouldn't?)

Alcott, Louisa May "Little Women"
Austen, Jane "Pride & Prejudice"
Byatt, A.S. "Possession"
Fforde, Jasper "The Eyre Affair" (Thursday Next 1)
Nafisi, Azar "Reading Lolita in Tehran: A Memoir in Books"
Ruiz Zafón, Carlos "The Shadow of the Wind" (La Sombra del Viento)
Shaffer, Mary Ann & Barrows, Annie "The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Society"
Shields, Carol "The Stone Diaries"
Zusak, Markus "The Book Thief"
Zweig, Stefanie "Nowhere in Africa/Somewhere in Germany" (Nirgendwo in Afrika/Irgendwo in Deutschland)

8 comments:

  1. Great list! I love the topic you chose. I did mine on books that feature redheads: my TTT. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marie, for stopping by and saying hi. I absolutely love your list, didn't read many of the books but I always loved redheads and thought your list was brilliant.

      Have a good day,
      Marianne

      Delete
  2. Like your list, may I add Mr. Penumbra's Bookstore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard that title (or the name of the author) before, but the book sounds very interesting, so thank you for your advice, Janet. As you know, I am always looking for more interesting books.

      Best wishes,
      Marianne

      Delete
  3. I love your list and your choice to fill in the blank. :)
    I really need to get around to reading The Eyre Affair. I've heard so many good things about it.
    http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/2015/04/top-ten-books-which-feature-characters.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lois, I love yours, too and just commented on your page. What a great idea.

      I read ""The Eyre Affair " because we read "Jane Eyre" in our book club and some other members recommended it. I really loved it, there is so much of Jane Eyre in it but it still is unique. I have since read the second book in the series, "Lost in a Good Book", and liked it just as much, so I will carry on reading the series.

      Thanks for stopping by and talk to you again soon,
      Marianne

      Delete
  4. Awesome Topic!! Liesel did love to read, the Book Theif was very engaging!! Check out my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tori, for stopping by. Yes, Liesel loved her books very much but what else did she have?

      I just visited your page and thought your topic was brilliant, too. And as I said there, the fact that we both have "The Book Thief" shows how versatile books are.

      Take care,
      Marianne

      Delete