Tuesday 28 May 2019

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Favourite Books Released In the Last Ten Years



"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at "The Broke and the Bookish".

It is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

May 28: Favourite Books Released In the Last Ten Years (one book for each year)

Kristof, Nicholas D. & Wudunn, Sheryl "Half the Sky. How to Change the World" - 2009
Levy, Andrew "A Brain Wider Than The Sky: A Migraine Diary" - 2009
-- I just could not decide which of the two was my favourite, so I listed them both.
Bryson, Bill "At Home. A Short History of Private Life" - 2010
Oates, Joyce Carol "A Widow's Story. A Memoir" - 2011
Ackroyd, Peter "The History of England, Vol. 2 Tudors" - 2012
Yousafzai, Malala; Lamb, Christina "I am Malala. The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban" - 2013
Harari, Yuval Noah "Sapiens. A Brief History of Mankind" (Ḳizur Toldot Ha-Enoshut/קיצור תולדות האנושות) - 2014
Bryson, Bill "The Road to Little Dribbling: more Notes from a Small Island" - 2015
Weir, Alison "Six Tudor Queens. Katherine of Aragon. The True Queen" - 2015
Şafak, Elif "Three Daughters of Eve" (Havva'nın Üç Kızı) - 2016
Ahmad, Aeham "The Pianist from Syria" (aka The Pianist of Yarmouk) (Und die Vögel werden singen. Ich, der Pianist aus den Trümmern) - 2017
Obama, Michelle "Becoming" - 2018

I think this shows that I seem to prefer mostly non-fiction books.

2 comments:

  1. But do you really prefer mostly non-fiction? It seems you read more fiction but maybe you don't find as many favorites?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do read more fiction but I seem to enjoy the non-fiction most. Don't worry, that won't stop me from reading more fiction. LOL

      Delete