Friday 3 May 2019

Book Quotes of the Week



"I feel like I have friends all over the world, through space and time, who I can visit whenever I need a break from my own life." Kat *

"To read well is to prepare oneself to live wisely, kindly and wittily." Marilyn Chandler McEntyre

"We read fiction to satisfy a more basic need - to imagine our way into other lives, to explore characters and situations that tell us something new about the world, and maybe about ourselves, or to remind us of something important that we may have forgotten." Tom Perrotta

"A lot of people ask me if I were shipwrecked and could only have one book, what would it be? I always say, 'How to Build a Boat'." Stephen Wright

Find more book quotes here.

[If anyone can tell me the originator of this quote, I'd be very thankful and would happily include the name.]

2 comments:

  1. I think today I will live wittily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you always live wisely, kindly and wittily.

      Delete