Friday 24 May 2019

Book Quotes of the Week


"If I had to give a young writer some advice I would say to write about something that has happened to him; it’s always easy to tell whether a writer is writing about something that has happened to him or something he has read or been told. Pablo Neruda has a line in a poem that says 'God help me from inventing when I sing.' It always amuses me that the biggest praise for my work comes for the imagination, while the truth is that there’s not a single line in all my work that does not have a basis in reality. The problem is that Caribbean reality resembles the wildest imagination." Gabriel García Márquez

"I owe everything I am and everything I will ever be to books." Gary Paulsen

"You use a glass mirror to see your face. You use works of art to see your soul." George Bernard Shaw

"Sometimes you read a book so special that you want to carry it around with you for months after you've finished just to stay near it." Markus Zusak

Find more book quotes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment