"Think not of the books you’ve bought as a 'to be read' pile. Instead, think of your bookcase as a wine cellar. You collect books to be read at the right time, the right place, and the right mood." Luc van Donkersgoed
I don't drink wine but I love the comparison. Nobody looks at someone who has a huge wine cellar and thinks it's useless to have them all. But buy more than two books and you have a problem.
"Nothing scares away bad dreams faster than the rustle of printed paper." Cornelia Funke
Totally true. Books can be so calming.
"The kindred joy of having discovered someone who read the same book was immediate, a friend whose mind had resided once in the same fictional world." Madeline Martin, The Secret Book Society
I think that is the secret of our blogging society. We are all readers and that's why we get on so well.
Find more book quotes here.
I used to drink a bit of wine - and other things - so can't not agree with the sentiment. Whenever anyone says about having 'enough' books or some such nonsense I just look at them as if they're CRAZY.... So, I already have more books than I could read in my lifetime. But just think of the CHOICES I have every time I look for a NEW one... [grin]
ReplyDelete