Thursday, 3 September 2026

#ThrowbackThursday. September 2016

These are my ThrowbackThursday reviews from September 2016
García Márquez, Gabriel "The General in His Labyrinth" (Spanish: El general en su laberinto) - 1989
Simón José Antonio de la Santísima Trinidad Bolívar y Palacios, better known to the world as Simón Bolívar lived from 24 July 1783 to 17 December 1830. He is largely considered as THE politician who brought about South America's independence from Spain in the early 19th century. 
This book was written by one of the greatest South American authors ever. Even though it concentrates on Bolívar's last journey, the novel is full of details about his whole life and about South America at the time. 

The sequel to "Wolf Hall", just as good.

In this novel, the author focuses on the king's wish to divorce Anne Boleyn and Thomas Cromwell's role in this.

I love to read books that challenge my brain. The life of our protagonist mirrored that of the Indian nation since its independence. Even though I have read several books about India and its history, there was still a lot of information in there that I hadn't heard about. The book certainly is a very peculiar mixture of historical fiction and magic realism in a way I haven't seen this before.

A difficult book - but very gripping, it's totally worth picking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment