Tuesday, 1 September 2026

Happy September!

Happy September to all my Friends and Readers

New Calendar picture with this
beautiful watercolour painting by Hanka Koebsch
"Herbststrauß"
"Autumn bouquet"

Hanka says to this picture:
"A floral painting to set the mood for the approaching autumn.
Hydrangeas come in the most beautiful colors and a variety of shapes. For this autumn watercolor, I chose light-colored blossoms.

"Ein Blumenbild zur Einstimmung auf den nahenden Herbst. 
Es gibt sie in den wunderschönsten Farben und verschiedenen Formen - die Hortensien. Für dieses Herbstaquarell habe ich mich für helle Blüten entschieden."

Next to peonies, hydrangeas are my favourite flowers.

Read more on their website here. *

* * *

Another sad month. No, things did not get better. My sister-in-law died only nine weeks after her husband, my brother.

* * *

The German expression of the month is something that I can relate to a lot right now, I would love to go far, far away from all this.

"Fernweh" (literally far hurt)
The longing to go away.

* * * 

Two books I can recommend from last month:
Weir, Andy "Project Hail Mary" - 2021
and
Oates, Joyce Carol "Cardiff by the Sea" - 2020
The latter was a buddy read and we intend to read another JCO one in October: "The Accursed" (Goodreads).

Let me know if you are interested in joining us. 

Sorry there is not more information this month. I am just not in the mood.

* * *

* You can also have a look under my labels Artist: Frank Koebsch and Artist: Hanka Koebsch where you can find all my posts about the two artists. 

* * *

🍂 I wish you all a very Happy September! 🍂

1 comment:

  1. A Happy September to you Marianne! At least it should be *much* cooler now! I'm ALMOST looking forward to Winter... [lol]

    ReplyDelete