Saturday 20 June 2015

Book Quotes of the Week


"In the winter she curls up around a good book and dreams away the cold." Ben Aaronovitch


"Without libraries, what do we have? We have no past and no future." Ray Bradbury 

"All the reading she had done had given her a view of life they had never seen." Roald Dahl, Matilda

"Read. Read anything. Read the things they say are good for you, and the things they claim are junk. You'll find what you need to find. Just read." Neil Gaiman

"Books are a hard bound drug with no danger of an overdose. I am a happy victim of books!" Karl Lagerfeld

"We may sit in our library and yet be in all quarters of the earth." John Lubbock 

Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. Good quotes. I just finished a book of short stories by Neil Gaimen (Trigger Warnings) and one of my favorites was "The Man Who Forgot Ray Bradbury" a story he'd written for Bradbury's 91st birthday I believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janet. I love to go through some quotes from time to time and I find I do it more often when I do the weekly list. Glad you liked them.

      That book sounds interesting. Neil Gaiman is still on my wishlist, he has been recommended a couple of times lately. I do love Ray Bradbury, so I will have to put this on my wishlist, even though I'm not a huge fan of short stories. But I think I'd like the one about Ray Bardbury.

      Have a good day,
      Marianne

      Delete