Friday 1 April 2016

Book Quotes of the Week



"I always have time for my books for they are never busy." Marcus Tullius Cicero

"A non-reader, at 70 years old, will have lived only one life: his own! He or she who reads will have lived 5000 years. Reading is immortality... backwards." Umberto Eco

"You may have tangible wealth untold; Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold. Richer than I you can never be - I had a mother who read to me." Strickland Gillilan

"I often derive a peculiar satisfaction in conversing with the ancient and modern dead, - who yet live and speak excellently in their works. My neighbors think me often alone, - and yet at such times I am in company with more than five hundred mutes - each of whom, at my pleasure, communicates his ideas to me by dumb signs - quite as intelligently as any person living can do by uttering of words." Laurence Sterne

"Books aren't made of pages and words. They are made of hopes, dreams and possibilities." N.N. 

[If anyone can tell me the originator of this quote, I'd be very thankful and would happily include the name.]

Find more book quotes here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment