Sunday 1 January 2023

Happy New Year!

  Happy New Year to all my friends and readers

 New Calendar picture with this
beautiful watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch

"Einfach nur schön"
"Simply Beautiful"

I wish everyone a wonderful and healthy year 2023 with lots of books for all my fellow readers. Best wishes!

This year, my favourite contemporary artists, Hanka and Frank Koebsch, have issued another calendar with beautiful pictures that I will present to you every month. I always enjoy getting the new calendar and go through the pages and am fascinated by their beautiful paintings. If you are interested in their calendar, I can only recommend to order it already now, they are always sold out more than quickly.

Hanka and Frank say to this picture:
Tulips always inspire in spring. The first tulip blossoms with their play of colors are "simply beautiful".
(Tulpen begeistern im Frühling immer wieder. Die ersten Tulpenblüten mit ihrem Farbspiel sind "einfach nur schön".)

Read more here
.

You can find many more wonderful pictures on their website here.

You can also have a look under my labels Artist: Frank Koebsch and Artist: Hanka Koebsch where you can find all my posts about them. 

Tulips are very special to me, I have read a few books about the tulip craze in the Netherlands in the 17th century.

Moggach, Deborah "Tulip Fever" - 1999
Pavord, Anna "The Tulip" - 2004
Dash, Mike "Tulipomania: The Story of the World's Most Coveted Flower and the Extraordinary Passions It Aroused"- 2000

10 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Marianne! I do hope that 2023 is a good year for everyone. I think more books is definitely a given! [grin]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kitten. More books is certainly on the plate. Let's also hope for world peace (though I think the former is easier to achieve).

      Delete
  2. I love artists choose to put their work in calendars otherwise, many of us wouldn't have the chance of seeing them. Wonderful tulip art.

    Lots of books for you too. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, Lissa. The beauty of this is, I can have a new picture from one of the two painters every month and I support them in a small way. And yes, lots of books for all of us. 😁

      Delete
  3. As you know I also love Tulips, these are great. I have read two of the three books you mention. I have to check up on Anna Pavord.
    Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will enjoy that, Lisbeth. It is a great addition to those books and will certainly be enjoyed by any tulip lover.

      Delete