Saturday 1 April 2023

Happy April!

  Happy April to all my friends and readers

New Calendar picture with this
beautiful watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch

"So schön kann Unkraut sein"
"Weed can be so beautiful"

Hanka and Frank say to this picture:
When it comes to dandelions, opinions differ. Some love the yellow of the dandelions along the way or on the summer meadows. People who are enthusiastic about the colours of summer meadows and dandelions classify the plants as wild herbs. Other people, mostly fans of an immaculate ornamental lawn, call the ordinary dandelion a weed.

(Bei Löwenzahn scheiden sich die Geister. Die einen lieben das Gelb des Löwenzahns am Wegrand oder auf den Sommerwiesen. Die Menschen, die sich für die Farben der Sommerwiesen und die Pusteblumen begeistern, ordnen die Pflanzen bei den Wildkräutern ein. Andere Menschen, meist die Fans eines makellosen Zierrasen, bezeichnen den ganz gewöhnlichen Löwenzahn als Unkraut.
)

Read more here.

* * *
I know exactly what my father thought about dandelions and anything else he hadn't planted himself in the garden. Weeds! Awful! He had the most beautiful garden with lots of lovely flowers but no little grass or plant was allowed to grow where he didn't want it.

See here a little picture of his garden.


* * *

March wasn't the greatest of months. After three years of evading Covid, it finally caught up with us. But, probably because of our vaccinations, we had a very mild variation and got over it really quickly.

Let's hope that April will be a better month. Have a great one with this beautiful watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch.


You can find many more wonderful pictures on their website here.

You can also have a look under my labels Artist: Frank Koebsch and Artist: Hanka Koebsch where you can find all my posts about them. 

12 comments:

  1. Alles Gute für den Monat April! Schöner Löwenzahn, ich mag Löwenzahn, auch wenn er anzeigt, daß man schlechten Boden hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke, Eva. Man sieht ihn ja auch mehr in der Wildnis als im Garten. Aber schön ist er. Auch euch einen schönen April!

      Delete
  2. Oh no! I'm sorry you guys got COVID. My husband and I haven't had it yet. We've been vaccinated, so even if we happen to get it, I'm guessing it will be mild. I'm glad yours wasn't series.

    The watercolor is lovely, as is your father's garden. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of the measures were made lighter in Germany, I guess that was the reason we got it now though we didn't change much. Still, we had a very mild version, probably thanks to your vaccinations, as well. So, I hope this will be the same for you, should you catch it eventually. Still, better to stay away from it. Best wishes.
      And thanks for liking both the watercolour as well as my parents' garden, this is only a teeny tiny part of it.

      Delete
  3. All the best for April, hopefully warmer and happier than March. Your father's garden looks impeccable. Lots of work to keep it like that. Yes, the dandelions are very nice to look at, but not a pleasure for a gardener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisbeth. And the same to you. I really can't complain about our March, I know others had it a lot worse. So, if April stays like that, I'm happy.
      My father spent a lot of time in the garden, he loved it. And no weed had a chance. LOL

      Delete
  4. I like to think dandelions as flowers, the wistful kind that grows when you least expect them to. Lovely artwork. I hope you have a wonderful April.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lissa, same to you. Looks like we all agree about dandelions. They are pretty.

      Delete
  5. Happy April!

    I’m so sorry that you and your family had Covid, but I’m glad your cases were mild.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lydia. Just hubby and me. The boys are far away and haven't had it, yet. Let's hope it stays like that. Have a good April.

      Delete