Tuesday 1 August 2023

Happy August!

 Happy August to all my friends and readers

New Calendar picture with this
beautiful watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch

"Reddevitzer Höft – Blick auf die Granitz"
"Headland of Reddevitz – View of the Granitz
"

Hanka and Frank say to this picture:

It's always fun to paint on the Baltic Sea. This time we had chosen a beautiful place on the Mönchgut as part of the painting trip to Rügen. When painting landscapes on the Mönchgut, I am always inspired by the motifs for maritime watercolours.

(Es macht immer wieder Spaß an der Ostsee zu malen. Dieses Mal hatten wir uns im Rahmen der Malreise nach Rügen einen wunderschönen Platz auf dem Mönchgut ausgesucht. Bei der Landschaftsmalerei auf dem Mönchgut begeistern mich immer wieder die Motive für maritime Aquarelle.)


Read more here.
 
 * * *

I couldn't agree more. There are so many beautiful spots on the Baltic Sea. We live closer to the North Sea but the Baltic is calmer, more peaceful. I think this shows beautifully in Frank's painting.


* * *

July had a lot of changing weather, almost like April, though I cannot remember a month of April ever being this hot. But the heat alternated with heavy rain and storms, so it was a weird summer months. Quite a few of the acitivities we had planned to attend were cancelled due to the weather.

* * *

But there was one event we could attend and that was a balloon festival nearby. Here is a collage of some of the beautiful balloons.

* * *

However, July is always interesting in the blogging world. Because we have

Find Emma's original post here and my summary here. We have read lots of interesting books about Paris and France.

* * *
Another great watercolour painting by Frank Koebsch. Enjoy!

You can find many more wonderful pictures on their website here.

You can also have a look under my labels Artist: Frank Koebsch and Artist: Hanka Koebsch where you can find all my posts about them. 

* * *

I wish everyone a happy August!

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like your weather has been a bit like ours - reasonably warm (mostly) but with rain, wind and thunderstorms... oh, and LOTS of cloud. I think I'd prefer that to what Southern Europe is getting though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kitten. Oh, I'm not really complaining, I know we are still so much better off than many parts of this world. I don't dislike rain as such, I just hate it when things I was looking forward to get cancelled because so many people then pull out.

      Delete
    2. Same here, we often complain about the rain ruining days out, but I think I'd rather have the odd downpour that 40+ degree temps days after day..... The British weather - especially that way it changes by the hour - has *some* advantages! [grin]

      Delete
    3. Definitely, Kitten. I have always lived in areas with the same weather as in Britain and I like it.

      Delete
  2. Happy August! Love the picture at the top and the ones of the balloon festival. It sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy. I am always happy when others like the pictures I post, I love Hanka and Frank Koebsch's paintings and am always happy to show them. I just received next year's calendar and there are some beautiful pictures among them.
      And the balloon festival really was fun. We were lucky to go on the Friday because both the Saturday and the Sunday events had to be cancelled due to heavy winds.

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous watercolor! And such fun balloon festival photos. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Lark, might be one of my favourites of the year.
      And the balloon festival was just lovely.

      Delete
  4. That's a beautiful watercolour painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lectrice, the artists are just great.

      Delete
  5. Rügen is so beautiful and this motive shows it. The weather has been strange during July, quite varied. I am happy it was not so hot in Sweden as in other areas further south in Europe. For me 25 is a good temperature.
    I also really enjoyed Paris in July, and was pleased to participate, and read more books than I thought I would.
    Keep well, and all the best for August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you there, Lisbeth, I am glad it's not this hot anymore, though we had quite a few really, really hot days. More than 25 is already terrible for me but it's been well into the high thirties this summer.
      Many greetings to Sweden.

      Delete
  6. Happy August! I refuse to check my work email until August 1st, so I guess my summer is officially over because teacher work days start on Monday. I wrote about our summer here if you are interested:

    https://allthebookblognamesaretaken.blogspot.com/2023/08/good-bye-summer.html

    Love the balloon festival, Eleanor and I love watching hot air balloons too and there is a festival sometime in August here, also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah. I'm always interested in your posts but some days I just don't have enough energy to go through everything, so I must have missed that.
      I don't blame you for not checking your work emails until you have to, you need some time off.
      We've been to several balloon festivals and sometimes, they had to be cancelled in the last minute, so we were glad this one could actually take place. It's always a nice atmosphere.

      Delete
  7. Happy August, lovely picture of the Baltic Sea and the wonderful balloons.

    ReplyDelete