Monday 7 August 2023

Six Degrees of Separation ~ From Romantic Comedy to The Kalahari Typing School for Men

 

#6Degrees of Separation:
from Romantic Comedy to The Kalahari Typing School for Men 

#6Degrees is a monthly link-up hosted by Kate at Books Are My Favourite and Best. I love the idea. Thank you, Kate. See more about this challenge, its history, further books and how I found this here.

This month's prompt starts with Romantic Comedy by Curtis Sittenfeld (Goodreads).

The weekend was a little busy, so my post is a tad late. I hope you still enjoy my chain.

I have not read the starter book - again. First, I had another idea about the chain when I saw the author's name because she also wrote a book about Hillary Clinton and I have read several books by her. But I have done politics recently, so I checked whether I couldn'd do a word chain. And I managed, I even avoided re-using any book that I have used for the six degrees before which doesn't happen very often.

Let's start with Comedy:
Alighieri, Dante "The Divine Comedy" (IT: Divina Commedia) - 1308-20 

Wells, Rebecca "Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood" - 1996

Grenville, Kate "The Secret River" - 2005

Hegi, Ursula "Stones from the River" - 1994

Mortenson, Greg; Bryan, Mike "Stones into Schools" - 2009

McCall Smith, Alexander "The Kalahari Typing School for Men" - 2002

📚📚📚

The books take me from Italy to the United States, from Australia to Germany, from the Himalayas to Africa. What do the first and the last book have in common? There is a romance in both of them.

8 comments:

  1. I have the Sittenfeld book about the alternate Hillary. Looks interesting!

    BTW - I saw the amazing German hail storms on the BBC recently. Was that anywhere near you? What WEIRD weather we're having. It's almost as if Global Climate Change was *real*... [lol]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, great. I'm sure you'll let us know once you read it. Looking forward to it.

      Nope, Reutlingen is nowhere near me. Hubby's family lives in the South but it's not close to them, either, around 100 kms. From us in the North, it would be 600, so really not anywhere near. We live in Lower Saxony, should anything come up again.
      We had a lot of rain this summer, but who didn't?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Emma. It was certainly an interesting one. I like using words from the title as a link, they take you to all kinds of different books.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. It's always fun. Looking for my own chain and then discovering those of others.

      Delete
  4. nicely done links! always fun to check out where each person's connections take them..
    My post is here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that, as well. Thanks, Lady in Read. Same here, that's my favourite part. Will have to see whether you did one.

      Delete