Friday 29 December 2023

The End of Year Book Tag - 2023 Edition

I haven't been blogging much lately, the last couple of weeks have just been too busy and since I only seem to achieve half of what I usually do, there is not a lot of time left for the PC. However, it is also that time of the year where we start reminiscing and I was reminded of this by Dini @Dinipandireads with her End of the Year Book Tag.

This tag was originally created by booktuber Ariel Bissett.

Are there any books you started this year that you need to finish?
Well, there are "hundreds" on my TBR pile and there are books I didn't finish and won't finish but they don't deserve to be listed here.

Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year?
Not an autumnal but I am in the middle of reading this:
Kingsolver, Barbara "Demon Copperhead" - 2022

Is there a new release that you're still waiting for?
I'm waiting for several to be issued in paperback, but especially this one:
Follett, Ken "The Armour of Light" - 2023

What are three books you want to read before the year ends?
The year is as good as over, so I will not be finishing any more books. I guess I should have done this earlier.

Is there a book that you think could still shock you and become your favourite of the year?
Same as above, I doubt it.

Have you already started to make reading plans for 2024?

Well, we have books lined up for my book clubs:
Lessing, Doris "The Grass is Singing" - 1950
Taschler, Judith W. "Summer and Winter" (GE: Sommer wie Winter) - 2011
Uusma, Bea "The Expedition. A forgotten story about a polar tragedy" (Expeditionen: min kärlekshistoria) - 2023

So, how was your reading in 2023?
In the second half, I wasn't getting on too well, I just couldn't read as much as I usually do. Still, not too bad. And I found some really good ones.

Did you find any new favourites?

My favourite book I read last year was:
Brooks, Geraldine "People of the Book" - 2008

Have you read any of the books on my list or are they on your TBR pile?

If you feel like doing this, feel tagged. It would be nice if you link back and post your link in the comment section.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even do an end-of-year post this year...couldn't face it for some reason. But I enjoyed reading yours. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was just a quick one before I go to my statistics and I thought it was a nice idea. But, we all have times where we can do things or feel like them and those where it's not possible.
      Still, happy new year, Lark.

      Delete