Friday 4 November 2016

Book Quotes of the Week



"Of all the diversions of life, there is none so proper to fill up its empty spaces as the reading of useful and entertaining authors." Joseph Addison

"The best advice I ever got was that knowledge is power and to keep reading." David Bailey

"It’s not just the books under fire now that worry me. It is the books that will never be written. The books that will never be read." Judy Blume

"A large, still book is a piece of quietness, succulent and nourishing in a noisy world, which I approach and imbibe with 'a sort of greedy enjoyment', as Marcel Proust said of those rooms of his old home whose air was 'saturated with the bouquet of silence'." Holbrook Jackson

"A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you." Joyce Meyer

Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. This week I choose the Judy Blume quote as my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love when you choose your favourite from the list. It makes me think even more about what I think about reading. Yes, Judy Blume's quote is brilliant but I also like Joseph Addison.

      Have a great week,
      Marianne

      Delete