Tuesday 30 July 2019

Top Ten Tuesday ~ First Ten Books I Reviewed


"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at "The Broke and the Bookish".

It is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

July 30: Freebie (Come up with your own topic)

Today is a freebie. We can post anything we like. I missed quite a few from the former list, so I chose the
First Ten Books I Reviewed

I started blogging in 2010 and my first book review was on the 18th of October about my favourite book. I reviewed the tenth on the 12th of December.

Looking up all those entries made me feel like reading them all over again. Except for one which we were reading in the book club at the time (A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian), they all belong to my favourite books ever. What a lovely walk through the past.

Stroyar, J.N. "The Children's War" and "A Change of Regime"
Zweig, Stefanie "Nowhere in Africa" and "Somewhere in Germany" (German: "Nirgendwo in Afrika" and "Irgendwo in Deutschland")
Lee, Harper "To Kill a Mockingbird" - 1960
Steinbeck, John "East of Eden" - 1952
Kingsolver, Barbara "The Poisonwood Bible" - 1988
Lewycka, Marina "A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian" - 2005
Turner, Nancy E. "These is my Words, The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine, 1881-1901" - 1999
Shaffer, Mary Ann & Barrows, Annie "The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Society" - 2008
Chevalier, Tracy "Girl with a Pearl Earring" - 1999
Vreeland, Susan "Girl in Hyacinth Blue" 1999

As you can see from the links, I have read more books by several of the authors.

6 comments:

  1. Nice list. Have you seen the movie baed on The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Society?

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't. I'm usually trying to stay away from movies that have been made from books I have read but I do wish to see this one since I heard it was good. Do you agree?

      Delete
  2. I love going back and reading what I thought of books I read earlier. I have read 7 of your 10. And you have a blogiversary coming up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, I love the word "blogiversary", thought about that when I saw the entries.

      This was a TTT I missed at the time and thought I could use this as my freebie.

      So, which three are you missing from my list?

      Delete
  3. Wow! Lots of big name authors and great books on this list. You started out strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deanna, I started with my favourites, that's what makes it a good list, I guess.

      Thanks for your visit.

      Delete