Monday 1 July 2019

Happy July!

Happy July to all my friends and readers

New Calendar picture with this
beautiful watercolour painting by Hanka Koebsch


"Erster"
"First One" 



July starts here like June ended, far too hot for our region. We notice the effects of climate change a lot. The "dog days" are worse than ever before.

The Germanic name for the month is Æftera Līþa which means "after midsummer" or "second summer".

The flower of the month is either the water lily or the larkspur/delphinium. 

From the two, I prefer the latter, they are so pretty, even if they are highly toxic. But you can make blue ink from their juice. 
The larkspur stands for lightness.

The water lily reminds me of one of my favourite artists, Claude Monet. I saw a whole oval room with water lilies painted all over the walls in Paris. 

Just beautiful. And the water lily stands for perfect beauty.

Have a happy July with this beautiful watercolour painting by Hanka Koebsch. Don't the cherries look inviting? I can totally understand anyone wanting to snack on them.


You can find many more wonderful pictures on their website here.

2 comments:

  1. Happy July to you! I enjoy all the facts you always give about the months. Cherries are my favorite summer fruit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy. And I enjoy collecting them and putting them together. There are so many interesting stories there.

      Delete