Friday 24 April 2020

Book Quotes of the Week

"The printing press is either the greatest blessing or the greatest curse of modern times, sometimes one forgets which it is." Sir James M. Barrie
I believe it is the greatest blessing. Now, the internet, I'm sometimes not so sure …

"Reading self-improvement books is like creating a mental savings account from which we can withdraw viable tools for what we perceive as tough days." Dr. Jacent Mpalyenkana
I'm not a fan of self-improvement or self-help books but if it helps some people …

"The reason that fiction is more interesting than any other form of literature, to those who really like to study people, is that in fiction the author can really tell the truth without humiliating himself." Eleanor Roosevelt
I always agree with this fabulous lady.

Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. I like your comments on the quotes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, good to know. I thought the other day, I might as well comment on the quotes since often, I do have a thought or two on them. It also gives an instigation to discuss ...

      Happy Reading!

      Delete