Friday 26 February 2021

Book Quotes of the Week


"Children know perfectly well that unicorns aren't real, but they also know that books about unicorns, if they are good books, are true books." Ursula K. LeGuin

I think children know quite well what is real and what isn't, they are often smarter than adults.

"A library is infinity under a roof." Gail Carson Levine

Wow, I never thought of it that way but yes, the whole world can be under our roof.

"Reading has always been my home, my sustenance, my great invisible companion. ... I did not read from a sense of superiority, or advancement, or even learning, I read because I loved it more than any activity on earth." Anna Quindlen

I think every reader understands this so well. I don't understand people who think differently.

"Each time you open a book and open it, a tree smiles knowing there's life after death." N.N. *

That is a lovely perspective.


[If anyone can tell me the originator of this quote, I'd be very thankful and would happily include the name.]


Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. Reading definitely is and always has been my favorite activity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Ever since I held my first book in my hands (probably before that), I wanted to do nothing but that.

      Delete