Friday 5 May 2023

Spell the Month in Books ~ May

     

Reviews from the Stacks

I found this on one of the blogs I follow, Books are the New Black who found it at One Book More. It was originally created by Reviews from the Stacks, and the idea is to spell the month using the first letter of book titles.

May: Animals (May 1 is Save the Rhinos Day)
It was extremely difficult to find books that start with an animal in those letters, so I went with the name of the animal in the title. I hope you still enjoy the composition.


I would have even had a book with the word Rhinoceros in its title ("Rhinoceros" by Eugène Ionesco) but - unfortunately - there is no R in May.  😉

MAY

M
Lee, Harper "To Kill a Mockingbird" - 1960

A
Orwell, George "
Animal Farm" - 1945

Y
This was the first month where I had to cheat and present a book I haven't read or even seen myself. But it looks like a cute book for children and I hope to find it one day.

Fraser, Lu "The Littlest
Yak" - 2020 (Goodreads)

Happy Reading!
📚 📚 📚

10 comments:

  1. Our library has the yak book you listed :). I just put a hold on it. There is also Yak and Dove, which is very cute. Another very beautiful book is All the Way to Lhasa.

    This poem can be found in Hilaire Belloc's books:

    The Yak

    BY HILAIRE BELLOC

    As a friend to the children commend me the Yak.
    You will find it exactly the thing:
    It will carry and fetch, you can ride on its back,
    Or lead it about with a string.

    The Tartar who dwells on the plains of Thibet
    (A desolate region of snow)
    Has for centuries made it a nursery pet,
    And surely the Tartar should know!

    Then tell your papa where the Yak can be got,
    And if he is awfully rich
    He will buy you the creature—or else he will not.
    (I cannot be positive which.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Yak and Dove woult have been even better since the title begins with Y. But I already cheated with Mockingbird, the topic just didn't offer enough choice for me (or others, I haven't seen a single other blogger doing this one, except for Jana from Reviews from the Stacks, of course.

      Thanks for the poem, Eva. It is just too cute.

      Delete
    2. My children memorized that poem :).

      Delete
  2. The Littlest Yak does look like a very cute picture book! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does. I want to get it, even though I have no small children anymore and there are no grandkids in sight. LOL

      Delete
  3. I love the way you made this month's list, Marianne! It was definitely more difficult than I expected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I cheated my way around the topic, as you certainly saw, Jana. I didn't use the first word from the books and even used one that I hadn't read. But it still was fun to look through all the animal books I read - or the books that had the names of animals in the title. I do enjoy your ideas for the challenges, they always make it different. So, thanks for doing this.

      Delete
  4. You are allowed to cheat a little bit. Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, I guess so, Lisbeth. Otherwise, I would not have been able to do this. But I loved the challenge.

      Delete