Sunday, 27 March 2011

Bryson, Bill “Down Under”

Bryson, Bill "Down Under/In a Sunburned Country" - 2000

I love Bill Bryson, so I loved this one. My favourite of all is "Notes from a Small Island" though I don't share that feeling with most Brits. I lived on the gorgeous British Isle as a foreigner, same as Bill Bryson and loved this country and its inhabitants, same as Bill Bryson. Therefore, I probably thought it was the best.

I have never been to Australia but having read his book I feel I almost have. Bill Bryson is hilarious, as always. His almost phobic-like fear of all Australian animals just adds to the account of his adventures in the different parts of the country.

If I hadn't had any interest in going to Australia before, I surely did after reading Bryson's account of this "sunburned country", as he calls it in the US edition of his descriptive book.

I love all of Bill Bryson's books. Find a link to my reviews here.

No comments:

Post a Comment