Tuesday 12 May 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Ten Authors I REALLY Want To Meet

"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at "The Broke and the Bookish". Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

May 12: Ten Authors I REALLY Want To Meet 

There is one author I would love to meet but I know that is no longer possible because she's been dead for two centuries. However, I just have to mention her. It's (of course) Jane Austen. I love her books, I love her writing, I love her characters, I love the locations, I love her country. Would be fantastic if I could talk to her. But there are so many authors that would be great to meet, as well, alive and still writing. So, here is my list (in alphabetical order because I really really couldn't put them in order of which one I'd love to meet most and which one least, they are all favourites):

Isabel Allende
Bill Bryson 
Charles Frazier
Amitav Ghosh  
David Guterson
Barbara Kingsolver 
Wally Lamb
Joyce Carol Oates 
Orhan Pamuk 
Carlos Ruiz Zafón 
Jane Smiley

Of course, I wouldn't mind many many more but at least I could keep it to ten this time. ;)

And then there is one whom I have met and he is the nicest guy ever: 
Jim Forest 

10 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that you chose Jane Smiley because she's such an amazing writer and she seems like a pretty great person.
    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Christine. I have loved everything I read from her, even try to read my way through her book list in 13 Ways of Looking at the Novel. So, yes, it would be fantastic to meet her.

      Thank you for posting your link, as well. Will go over there and check it out.

      Happy Reading,
      Marianne

      Delete
  2. great list! I very much would have liked meeting them, too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Mrs. Calloway. I will have to go and see whether you posted a list, as well.

      Have a good day,
      Marianne

      Delete
  3. Good list of authors!! I forgot about including Barbara Kingsolver to my TTT post this week.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-ten-authors-i-really.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I think we all would have had no problems at all coming up with 10 more authors. I have listed mostly authors of whom I have read several books.

      Thank you for your link, I will go and check it out.

      Take care,
      Marianne

      Delete
  4. I put some "meet them in the afterlife" authors on my list too... :) Isabel Allende! Such an elegant author.
    Cheers from a TTT newbie! :)

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good idea. I might have changed my list - or made a second one if I'd thought about that. Oh, the possibilities. Brilliant.

      I already said to Mrs. Calloway ^^ how nice to meet another European blogger whose first language isn't English and here you are the second one. How lovely. Will definitely go and visit your page. Thanks for the list and

      happy reading.
      Marianne

      Delete
  5. I do not recognized any of the authors except for Jane Austen. I will be looking them up. I may find a new favorite author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them have been around for a while but a lot of them are from all sorts of countries, so they might not be known as much in your part of the world.

      You can click on any of the names in my post and get to the books that I read written by those authors. I do hope you find a good new writer this way. :)

      Happy Reading,
      Marianne

      Delete