Tuesday 3 March 2015

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Top Ten Books you would classify as "All time favourite books" from the past 3 years

"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at "The Broke and the Bookish". Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

March 3: Top Ten Tuesday ~ Top Ten Books you would classify as "All time favourite books" from the past 3 years *

Tough one but I did find ten (well, one German, so I extended it to eleven) books that I really can see as classics in the next century. Hope you will enjoy a few of them as much as I did. 

Follett, Ken "Winter of the World" (Book One of The Century Trilogy) - 2012 
Hislop, Victoria "The Last Dance and Other Stories" - 2012 
Hosseini, Khaled "And the Mountains Echoed" - 2013 
Kingsolver, Barbara "Flight Behaviour" - 2012 
Lamb, Wally "We are water" - 2013 
Oates, Joyce Carol "Mudwoman" - 2012 
Ruiz Zafón, Carlos "Der Fürst des Parnass" (El principe de parnaso) [The Prince of Parnass] - 2012 
Rutherfurd, Edward "Paris" - 2013 
Smiley, Jane "Some Luck" (Last Hundred Years: A Family Saga #1) - 2014 
Tartt, Donna "The Goldfinch" - 2013 
German: Roth, Charlotte "Als wir unsterblich waren" [When We Were Immortal] - 2014

(you can extend it to 5 years if you need to).

2 comments:

  1. From your list I've read the Goldfinch and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great book although it probably wouldn't be #1 if I had to rate them any further.

      Hope you get to read some of the others, as well. Happy reading,

      Marianne

      Delete