"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at "The Broke and the Bookish".
It is now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.
Top Ten Reasons Why I Love Reading Nobel Prize Winners
Every year, I wait for the Thursday (it mostly is the Thursday) where they announce the Nobel Prize Winner in Literature. Every year, I try to read at least one book by that author and at least another new one who received the Nobel Prize in a past year.
Here are my reasons why I love reading Nobel Prize Winnters:
1. According to Alfred Nobel, this prize is awarded to an author, from a country, who has 'in the field of literature the most outstanding work in an ideal direction'. What better way of finding a good book?
2. I have already found a lot of favourite authors that way. And authors that I might never have heard of.
3. Some of my favourite books were awarded the Nobel Prize.
4. The authors sometimes come from some obscure countries that a re worth reading about but usually never mentioned.
5. I find many books from different languages that way, as well.
6. A lot of the authors have had ideas that changed or hopefully will change the world.
7. The books are mostly quite challenging.
8. There is no better way to travel the world.
9. There are often some very good female authors among the laureates.
10. I have learned so much from them.