Friday 22 May 2020

Book Quotes of the Week

"A town with more drinking joints than reading joints has a problem reading can solve." Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
I totally agree with that. If people read more, they might need less alcohol.

"You know, there are people who love their country by torturing them. I love my country by criticizing my state." Orhan Pamuk
This is certainly the best way to work toward a better future. One of the many reasons why I love this author.

"As the hours crept by, the afternoon sunlight bleached all the books on the shelves to pale, gilded versions of themselves and warmed the paper and ink inside the covers so that the smell of unread words hung in the air." Maggie Stiefvater, "Shiver"
This is just pure poetry. I can imagine exactly what it looks like and I like it.

"I've traveled the world twice over,
Met the famous; saints and sinners,

Poets and artists, kings and queens,
Old stars and hopeful beginners,
I've been where no-one's been before,
Learned secrets from writers and cooks
All with one library ticket
To the wonderful world of books." N.N.
My sentiments exactly.

[If anyone can tell me the originator of this quote, I'd be very thankful and would happily include the name.]

Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. Love the one from Maggie Stiefvater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did I. I even had a look at her book "Shiver" but that doesn't seem to be my type of read.

      However, the quote is just wonderful and I hope she gets many readers to appreciate it.

      Delete