Friday 15 May 2020

Book Quotes of the Week


"I spent three days a week for 10 years educating myself in the public library and it's better than college. People should educate themselves - you can get a complete education for no money. At the end of 10 years I had read every book in the library and I'd written a thousand stories." Ray Bradbury
Whilst I haven't written a thousand stories, I totally agree that you can get a good education if you read whatever comes across your way. Being a member in a book club that really wants to read diverse literature is just as good as reading every book in a library. I learned so much from my fellow readers and the books we shared.

"Someday I hope to write a book where the royalties will pay for the copies I give away." Clarence Darrow
From what I understand, he must have managed in the end. But it's also nice to read something by people who don't get paid for it.

"Only a generation of readers will spawn a generation of writers." Steven Spielberg
… and a generation of teachers, scientists, philosophers, inventors, explorers, filmmakers, ….

"My books are water; those of the great geniuses are wine - everybody drinks water." Mark Twain
Even though I don't drink alcohol, I believe we sometimes need something else than just water.

Find more book quotes here.

2 comments:

  1. I see you added your own comments this week. I like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. And I always have a thought when reading a quote, so I guess it was just something that would happen at one point or another. ;)

      Delete