Thursday 10 September 2020

Disney Parks Book Tag

Don’t we all just wish we could leave the pandemic behind us and head to Disneyland/world right about now? Deanna @ A Novel Glimpse was tagged to do the Disney Parks Book Tag by Alison @ Our Book Boyfriends. This tag originated over at Reading By Starlight.

The Rules
☆ Mention the creator of the tag and link back to original post [Alexandra @ Reading By Starlight]
☆ Thank the blogger who tagged you
☆ Answer the 10 questions below using any genre
☆ Tag 5+ friends
☆ Feel free to copy the heading graphics

I thought this was a fun topic until I tried to find books in my list that would fit the categories. I have interpreted the different categories very broadly, as you will see but I believe I have found a novel for every single one. Since I wasn't directly tagged, I'm not going to tag anyone, either. But if you feel like doing this, feel free to publish your list. Just stick to the rules above.

1.    The Jungle Cruise
A Book Set Along the River
2.    Pirates of the Carribean
A swashbuckling High Seas Adventure
3.    The Haunted Mansion
A Book with an Eerie Vibe
4.    Thunder Mountain Railroad
A Thirll Ride from Start to Finish
5.    Splash Mountain
A Book Set in the Deep South
6.    Cinderella Castle
A Book with a Castle
7.    Mad Tea Party
A Whimsical Book
8.    Matterhorn Bobsleds
A Trek through the Mountains
9.    It's a Small World
A World Inspired by Another Culture
10.    Space Mountain
A Fast Paced Space Opera

So, here are my answers:

The Jungle Cruise - A Book Set Along the River
Grenville, Kate "The Secret River" - 2005
The first involuntary settlers come to Australia and settle along a river.

Pirates of the Carribean - A swashbuckling High Seas Adventure
Stevenson, Robert Louis "Treasure Island" - 1881/82
What could be more approriate than this novel?

The Haunted Mansion - A Book with an Eerie Vibe
Aaronovitch, Ben "Rivers of London" (US: Midnight Riot) - 2011
Quite an eerie vibe, a detective, wizards, crime.

Thunder Mountain Railroad - A Thrill Ride from Start to Finish
Fowler, Christopher "Hell Train" - 2011
A ghost train! What could be more thrilling?

Splash Mountain - A Book Set in the Deep South
Tademy, Lalita "Cane River" - 2001
Definitely in the Deepest South possible. There is a follow-up, "Red River".

Cinderella Castle - A Book with a Castle
Pamuk, Orhan "The White Castle" (Turkish: Beyaz Kale) - 1985
Venice and Constantinople, two fascinating cities at an interesting time.

Mad Tea Party - A Whimsical Book
Mortenson, Greg & Relin, David Oliver "Three Cups of Tea: One Man’s Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time" - 2006
Certainly not whimsical but maybe mad. How a guy built schools in a very remote area - in Pakistan.


Matterhorn Bobsleds - A Trek through the Mountains
Frazier, Charles "Cold Mountain" - 1997
Not exactly a trek through mountains but a trek through the American Civil War.

It's a Small World - A World Inspired by Another Culture
Murasaki, Lady Shikibu "The Tale of Genji" (Japanese: 源氏物語 Genji Monogatari) - early 11th century
Another culture but also a completely different world about a thousand years ago.

Space Mountain - A Fast Paced Space Opera
Weir, Andy "The Martian" - 2011
Probably the closest place in space we may ever be able to visit.

☆ Thank you, Deanna
☆ I didn't tag anyone, so feel free to jump in if you like to.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I'm so glad you did this one. It was fun to read your choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that was the same for me when I saw your post. I love these tag challenges and will try to do more in future.

      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Love your picks. Unfortunately I've only read one of them so far - Treasure Island, but several of the others are on my TBR. Thanks for tagging me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never to late. I have tagged many books that don't usually fit into any of the TTT categories since this is a very unusual challenge. Loved it.

      Thanks for giving me the opportunity to do it.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE how you interpreted my prompts - thank you so much for participating in this tag! Also, Treasure Island is the PERFECT books for Pirates of the Caribbean! Much love, Alexandra 💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alexandra,
      I loved being able to participate. This was such a fun tag, reminded me of all the times I went to a fairground or, later, to some amusement parks. Took me back to great enjoyments.

      And Treasure Island was the first book I could think of for all the prompts, the easiest one. I also love Pirates of the Carribean. Just say Why is the rum gone and you have me in stitches.

      Thanks for visiting. Have a great weekend.

      Delete