Tuesday 1 September 2020

Happy September!

Happy September to all my friends and readers

New Calendar picture with this
beautiful watercolour painting by Hanka Koebsch


"Was für ein Ausblick"
"What a View"



The cute puffins on this month's calendar picture reminds me of the wildlife that seems to enjoy this year much more than us humans. There is less pollution due to fewer planes, trains and automobiles. Maybe this is a reminder that we all should take things easier and remind ourselves daily that we don't have a planet B. Yes, I am one of those people who have spoken out for environmental protection since the early seventies. And I don't believe that climate change or global warming is a hoax. Just look at the temperatures last month and tell me that it isn't worse than even a decade ago.

* * *

We were happy to welcome our sons in August. We hadn't seen one since March, the other since January. So, we'd be happy if this pandemic was over. I can change a quote from one of my favourite songs and say "Wake me up when Corona ends". Although, September might do. The closer to the end of this catastrophe the better. (Btw, this song is on the album "American Idiot". Since it was written in 2005, I guess "any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental."

* * *

Have a happy September with this beautiful watercolour painting by Hanka Koebsch. Stay safe!


You can find many more wonderful pictures on their website here.

You can also have a look under my labels Artist: Frank Koebsch and Artist: Hanka Koebsch where you can find all my posts about them.

2 comments:

  1. Happy September to you, Marianne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy. I hope we'll have a nice beginning of autumn and that we'll both like this month better than the last.

      Delete