Friday 11 September 2020

Book Quotes of the Week

Word cloud made with WordItOut

"The flood of print has turned reading into a process of gulping rather than savoring." Warren Chappell
That depends. I know a lot of people who devour books, the most difficult and long ones, and know exactly what they've been reading and it enriches their lives. Yes, we have a lot of choice and it can turn us into people who just glance over the words but that doesn't mean we all do that.

"Very young children eat their books, literally devouring their contents. This is one reason for the scarcity of first editions of Alice in Wonderland and other favorites of the nursery." A. S. W. Rosenbach
A good thing that we have those plastic books nowadays. 😉

"I write as straight as I can just as I walk as straight as I can, because that is the best way to get there." H.G. Wells
Good idea. But sometimes it's also nice if you don't get somewhere in a straight line. Swerving into the area can be great.

Find more book quotes here.


4 comments:

  1. I agree with your comment on the first quote. You and I do not suffer what he seems to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were definitely on top of the list of people I was thinking about.

      Thanks for always being such a great inspiration.

      Delete
  2. I love keeping track of book quotes! I have a little notebook I keep my favorites in. It's great to see others that like keeping up with them, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I think I started to note them down as a teen already. So, I still have a few to share with people like you. ;)

      Thanks for your visit.

      Delete