Tuesday 20 December 2022

Top Ten Tuesday ~ Books I Hope Santa Brings This Year

"Top Ten Tuesday" is an original feature/weekly meme created on the blog "The Broke and the Bookish". This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists at "The Broke and the Bookish". It is now hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl.

Since I am just as fond of them as they are, I jump at the chance to share my lists with them! Have a look at their page, there are lots of other bloggers who share their lists here.

This week, our topic is Books I Hope Santa Brings This Year

There are still quite a few books on my list from last year, so I'm not going to add many more. One that I am really looking forward for next year is "The Light We Carry". I absolutely admire Michelle Obama and will read anything she writes.

πŸŽ…πŸŽ…πŸŽ…

And then there are some other non-fiction books I think I would like:

Bake-Off Team, The "The Great British Bake Off: Favourite Flavours" - 2022 (Goodreads)
Jarman, Cat "River Kings: A New History of the Vikings from Scandinavia to the Silk Road" - 2021 (Goodreads)
Jones, Dan "Powers and Thrones: A New History of the Middle Ages" - 2021 (Goodreads)
McKay, Lauren "The Wolf Hall Companion: The People. The Places. The History." - 2020 (Goodreads)
Obama, Michelle "The Light We Carry: Overcoming in Uncertain Times" - 2022

πŸŽ…πŸŽ…πŸŽ…

I hope you will all get the books you wish for or at least quite a few of them.

Merry Christmas!

23 comments:

  1. Oh my! The Great British Bake-Off: Favourite Flavors! Must look for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually try to get the last book from the series, I absolutely love the show. And the recipes are always great.

      Delete
  2. The Light We Carry was very good. I hope you like it when you read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lydia. I'd be surprised if I wouldn't, I loved her last book and I love Michelle Obama.

      Delete
  3. I have the Jarman book but then I'm a sucker for anything Viking. I had hoped that my DNA test might confirm my belief that my family had some Viking ancestry but no such luck I'm afraid. Still a fascinating culture though. I hope you get that one and as many of the others as possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember we talked about that, Kitten. And you are right, the Viking history is very interesting and in a way, we all inherited something from them, even if not their DNA.

      Delete
  4. I've seen Michelle Obama's books on a fair few lists this year. That GBBO Favourite Flavours book also look fantastic. I hope you find all the books you want under the tree this year, Marianne! 😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dini. I doubt it but I will be happy about either of them. Wishing the same to you.

      Delete
  5. I would love to listen to Obama's new book. I hope you get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whilst I love Michelle Obama and never mind listening to her talks, I prefer books I can hold in my hand and read, Deanna. But I am sure the audio version must be great. I just can't concentrate on them.

      Delete
    2. I have tried to comment on your blog a couple of times now but it always tells me "nonce verification failed". Since I often have problems with some sites on Firefox, I even tried it with Google, same result. Sorry.

      This is what I was going to write:

      What a nice idea to talk about books you give instead of what you want. Fantastic.

      I didn't know Jennifer Grey had written a book but I also absolutely loved Dirty Dancing, still one of my favourite movies. I don't know how often I have watched it.

      Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  6. That Great British Bake Off cookbook looks very yummy. Hope you get all the books on your wishlist this year! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They always are, Lark. I'm not a good person to say what I would like, never been good with wishlists, at least not since I'm an adult, but I can always give you a list of books I plan to read in the future. ;)

      Delete
  7. I haven't read anything by Michelle Obama. I should since I've heard nothing but good about her books. I hope Santa comes through for you :)

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. She seems such a good person, genuinely nice, so her books must be good. I read her first book and was fascinated.

      Delete
  8. Anything to do with the Great British Bake Off has to be on the list! I hope you find all of these under your tree this year!

    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/my-christmas-2022-bookish-wish-list/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, Pam. When I see what they've done, got a whole nation baking who would claim before that they couldn't.

      Delete
  9. Surely Santa is following your blog and knows what to get you πŸ’•πŸ€ž

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sabine. And thanks for letting me know that this was you. I've had so many anonymous posts lately (thanks, Google!), so it's nice to know who is talking.

      Delete
  10. Merry Christmas! I hope you find a few of these under your tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy. I guess one or the other will wander there.

      Delete
  11. I'm excited for The Light We Carry too. I hope you find all these books under your Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, AJ, I know Santa usually is very good to me. ;)

      Delete