Wednesday 1 November 2023

Happy November!

  Happy November to all my friends and readers

New Calendar picture with this
beautiful watercolour painting by Hanka Koebsch

"Mama, ist das die Welt?"
"Mum, is this the world?"

Hanka and Frank say to this picture:
After the beginning of autumn we chose the owl watercolour with an owl on a "sightseeing flight" for October.
Nach dem Herbstbeginn haben wir für den Oktober das Eulen Aquarell  mit einem Uhu bei einem "Rundflug" gewählt.

Another great watercolour painting by Hanka Koebsch. Enjoy!

Read more on their website here. *

Let's hope they will have a better fate than their cousin Knut who was born in Berlin in 2006. His mother rejected him at birth and he became very attached to his zookeeper who died
suddenly two years later at the age of 44 as the result of a heart attack.
Both Knut and his keeper became famous (reluctantly) and there was a big controversy about the raising of a polar bear in captivity.
 
Unfortunately, also Knut died at a young age in 2011.

Read more about him here at Wikipedia.
 
 * * * 
 
We visited a classical concert and the play Peer Gynt, both fantastic performances.

Autumn is my favorite season, including November, when the days get shorter, the leaves fall from the trees and the ground is often covered in a light fog.
 
 * * *

I know there are many problems in this world and, unfortunately, we cannot solve them all at once. But we are still always upset when we lose a loved one, even if we never met them. We mourn with the relatives and friends for Matthew Perry, who passed away at the age of 54. We were huge fans and he will always live on in our hearts. As my son put it: "Chandler Bing is responsible for about 90% of my sense of humor." His jokes are often heard in our house. We can only have entire comments with Friends quotes. Like this one:



At the beginning of the year, I read his book "Friends, Lovers, and the Big Terrible Thing" in which he reveals a lot about himself and his troubles.


I write in my review: "There is a lot of Matthew in Chandler and a lot of Chandler in Matthew, as could be expected. Reading this memoir makes me love him even more. This is probably one of the saddest story I will read this year. So dark, so devastating."
 
And with his sudden passing, he made the book even sadder. It is still worth reading, so I heartily recommend it.

As many have said, we all have lost a
F.R.I.E.N.D.

Goodbye, Matty, as your friends called you. Rest in Peace!
 
* * *

* You can also have a look under my labels Artist: Frank Koebsch and Artist: Hanka Koebsch where you can find all my posts about the two artists. 

* * *
🎃  I wish you all a happy November! 🎃 

10 comments:

  1. Perry's passing was so sudden...and so sad. He will be missed.
    And I love the polar bear watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lark. Yes, it was very sad but he always said he'd be the first of the friends to die, given his history. And he was right. We will still be able to laugh with him when seeing his puns on the internet or rewatching the series. And I hope he can find some rest now.
      And the watercolour is totally cute. I think polar bears are just so sweet anyway but they are depicted so lovely here.

      Delete
  2. What a cute picture of the polar bears. So sad about Knut. Do you know the picture books by Hans de Beer about a polar bear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, Eva. it was very sad indeed. He was kind of a hero in Germany. Much loved.
      And, of course, I know Lars, the little polar bear. I'm sure you know "Die Sendung mit der Maus", they used to show his stories every Sunday. But we had a lot of his books, as well.

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, we still use the "Sachgeschichten" from that show for homeschooling. They are very good, but I do not recall Lars from the regular shows. Maybe that was shown in later years?

      Delete
    3. They were around when my children were little. I don't think they even existed when I was little. And even then, we didn't have tv until I was almost grown up.

      Delete
    4. I think we got our first TV around 1974, but I do not think we watched any children's programs then.

      Delete
    5. I couldn't say what was around back then since we didn't have one.

      Delete
  3. I can't agree with you about November. I think it is one of the worse months of the year. At least in Sweden. I agree though that the weather is a good excuse to stay inside and read a good book. Happy November!
    I have not read Peer Gynt. I love the music that Grieg composed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one of many there, Lisbeth. And I totally understand. For me, it's always nice because I don't have to suffer from migraine so much anymore. My son said, the only thing he disliked in Sweden was the darkness.
      The Peer Gynt music is fantastic. And it goes so well with the story. One day, I hope you will be able to watch it.

      Delete