Friday 21 June 2024

Book Quotes

    

"Books are flying carpets into the realm of fantasy." James Daniel

I like that allegory.

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

He was a smart guy. What was true then, many, many centuries ago, is still true today.

"Every book is a dialogue between author and reader." Ludwig Reiners

And I love talking to all those smart people from now and then.

Find more book quotes here.

6 comments:

  1. Definitely agree comparing Books and Flying carpets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kitten, sounds like a great idea, sitting on your flying carpet taking you to countries far far away or ages long gone.

      Delete
  2. The last one is very true. Every Dan Jones book I read, I hear in his voice in my head as I read. So I can just pretend my BFF and I are talking about medieval Europe and Eleanor of Aquitaine all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point, Sarah. There are authors you would love to know personally but, in a way, we do already.

      Delete
  3. I love that flying carpet quote! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great picture. Thank you, Lark.

      Delete