Tuesday 4 June 2024

Top 5 Tuesday ~ Red


Top Five Tuesday was originally created by Shanah @ Bionic Book Worm, but is now hosted by Meeghan @ Meeghan Reads. To participate, link your post back to Meeghan’s blog or leave a comment on her weekly post. I found this on Davida's Page @ The Chocolate Lady.

* * *
This week’s topic is Red Books. Meeghan says: "June’s flower of the month is the rose, and the fruit of the month is pomegranate. So, we are doing our top 5 red books."

I have found plenty of books with a lot of read on the title but I chose the ones that are entirely red with just the title on them.

Döblin, Alfred "Berlin Alexanderplatz" (GE: Berlin Alexanderplatz) - 1929

Mahfouz, Naguib "Midaq Alley" (arab: زقاق المدق/Zuqaq El Midaq) - 1947

Marini, Lorenzo "The Man of the Tulips" (IT: L'uomo dei tulipani) - 2002

Marx, Karl; Engels, Friedrich "The Communist Manifesto" (GE: Das kommunistische Manifest) - 1848

Wodehouse, P.G. "The World of Jeeves" (The Inimitable Jeeves #2) - 1923

They are all very different but all great books.

* * *

🌹Happy Reading!🌹
📚 📚 📚

15 comments:

  1. I've read Mahfouz before, though not that title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably read his Cairo trilogy, Stephen. This is like a short version. Not the same people etc. but it takes place in Cairo. I've read several of his books, and they are all beautiful.

      Delete
  2. A red cover always does attract the eye...... [grin]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's for sure, Kitten. I was surprised how many red books I had red.

      Delete
  3. Those are some very red covers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lark. I picked the ones with the most red.

      Delete
  4. Red is a great way to catch someone's attention. These are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah. As I just said to Kitten ^^, I was surprised to find out how many red books I read.

      Delete
    2. That's why topics like this are always fun, to find all the different colored covers.

      Delete
    3. For sure. They are my favourite, Sarah!

      Delete
    4. Mine too. Turns ut I have TONS of books with purple covers, which is also my fave color.

      Delete
    5. That's interesting, Sarah. I don't choose books according to their colour, although I must admit, I don't really grab anything pink from the shelves.

      Delete
  5. neat! Not sure how I missed the theme for this week, I would have had time to do it. I enjoyed a lot your #2, but DNFed #1!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I did that the other day, Emma, and only listed five when it was supposed to be ten. Will have to think about that the next time.

      Mahfouz is a great author, I'm not surprised you enjoyed his book. Same as the Döblin book, this is supposed to be the German equivalent of Ulysses. It still was very interesting.

      Delete