Friday 7 June 2024

Book Quotes

    

"To know that we know what we know, and to know that we do not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge." Nicolaus Copernicus

I know that I know nothing. Another quote by a smart guy, Socrates. He was so right then as he is now.

"If books could have more, give more, be more, show more, they would still need readers who bring to them sound and smell and light and all the rest that can’t be in books. The book needs you. " Gary Paulsen


That's a good point. I'm glad I can contribute to the meaning of existence for books.

"Too much of anything is bad, but too many books is barely enough." N.N.

Definitely true.

Find more book quotes here.

10 comments:

  1. Love that Gary Paulsen quote; it's not one I've heard before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also think that it's great, Lark. Yes, some quotes we have heard before, they come around again and again, others not so much. I don't even remember when I saw this, I write them down and then use them at some point.

      Delete
  2. All fantastic quotes this week. I loved Gary Paulsen so much as a child and I hope Eleanor will love his books as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son also loved Gary Paulsen, Sarah. I'm sure he read all of his books.

      Delete
    2. Hatchet remains one of my favorites. I've read it to so many of my classes.

      Delete
    3. That was the first one my son read, and we gave it as a present so often.

      Delete
  3. Great quotes. I used Copernicus' quote for one of my newsletters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised, Lisbeth. It's such a great quote.

      Delete