Monday 3 June 2024

Spell the Month in Books ~ June

          
Reviews from the Stacks

I found this on one of the blogs I follow, Books are the New Black who found it at One Book More. It was originally created by Reviews from the Stacks, and the idea is to spell the month using the first letter of book titles

June: History

Next to geography and languages, history is one of my favourite subjects. Therefore, this was an easy one for me, I had now problems finding books that fit the description.

JUNE
J
Defoe, Daniel "A Journal of the Plague Year" - 1772

N
Wiesel, Eli "Night" (F: La Nuit) - 1958

E
George, Margaret "Elizabeth I" - 2011
 

* * *
My favourite of these, a book I think everyone should read, especially as regards to present politics: Night.

Happy Reading!
📚 📚 📚

14 comments:

  1. Night is a book that everyone should read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Night decades ago. Amazing book.
    I need to try your 1st title.
    https://wordsandpeace.com/2024/06/03/spell-the-month-in-books-june-2024/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely an interesting book from someone who lived during the time, Emma.
      And Night, as Lark ^^ said, everyone should read it. Thanks for your link.

      Delete
  3. We read Night in high school. I read it again on my own some years later. It should be required reading for everyone in school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And if someone hasn't read it there, they should read it. Now! Thanks, Sarah.

      Delete
    2. Absolutely. It is a story everyone should know.

      Delete
    3. I couldn't agree more, Sarah.

      Delete
  4. Short month, and four books. I have not read any of them. History books are always interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And these are completely different from each other, Lisbeth. I was lucky to find such a collection.

      Delete