Friday 6 September 2024

Spell the Month in Books ~ September

 
Reviews from the Stacks

I found this on one of the blogs I follow, Books are the New Black who found it at One Book More. It was originally created by Reviews from the Stacks, and the idea is to spell the month using the first letter of book titles

September: Back to School

My idea was to find as many books with the word school in the title as I can. Ha! I only found one. but I could use that as the first. All the others are either about education and/or children who still attend school, so I hope that counts.

SEPTEMBER

S
Mortenson, Greg "Stones into Schools" (with Mike Bryan) - 2009


P
Gavalda, Anna "95 Pounds of hope" (F: 35 kilos d’espoir) - 2002

T
Smith, Betty "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" - 1943

E
Smiley, Jane "Early Warning- Last Hundred Years #2 - 2015

M

Abulhawa, Susan "Mornings in Jenin" (aka The Scar of David) - 2010

B

Mbue, Imbolo "Behold the Dreamers" - 2016

E

Westover, Tara "Educated" - 2018

R

Hirata, Andrea "The Rainbow Troops" (Indon: Lasykar Pelangi) - 2005


* * *
Happy Reading!

📚 📚 📚

8 comments:

  1. Fun that you have a bit of a school theme this month...very appropriate for September. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so, too, Lark. I guess that was the reason behind it, as well.

      Delete
  2. Good choice of books. I have read Educated and Mornings in Jenin, both of the very good. I have read one book by Gavalda, Someone I loved which I liked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I managed to find some good books for this list, Lisbeth. I also read Hunting and Gathering" and "I Wish Someone Were Waiting for Me Somewhere" by Anna Gavalda, most of them with a book club.
      I think you would like most of the other books on this list.

      Delete
  3. This time, I am adding Emil to my TBR!
    And oh, how comes I have not read this one by Gavalda!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beats me, Emma. Maybe not one of her most known books. But definitely worth reading!
    Have you read anything else by Kästner? Lisa and Lottie were the origins of The Parent Trap.

    ReplyDelete