Monday 7 October 2024

The 1970 Club

This book challenge takes place twice a year and concentrates on one year and one year only. I call it "Read the Year Club". This time, 1970 was picked. For more information, see Simon @ Stuck in a Book and Kaggsy @ Kaggsy's Bookish Ramblings (here is Karen's invite and here is Simon's).

If you are looking for inspiration, there are a few books from that year that I read already:

Bach, Richard "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" - 1970
Hanff, Helene "84 Charing Cross Road" + "The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street- 1970 + 1973
Scott, Mary "Haven't We Met Before?" - 1970
Segal, Erich "Love Story" - 1970
Wallraff, Günter "From the Guy Who Went Forth and Learned to Fear" (GE: Von einem, der auszog und das Fürchten lernte) - 1970

I also found some other ideas (Karen has more on her page):
Blume, Judy "Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret"
Brown, Dee "Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee" 
Herriot, James (James Alfred Wright) "If Only They Could Talk" 
Morrison, Toni "The Bluest Eye"

This challenge takes place from 24 to 30 October 2024.

I had this on my TBR pile, therefore I picked:
Morrison, Toni "The Bluest Eye" - 1970

8 comments:

  1. Glad you found a suitable title on your TBR and look forward to your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My TBR pile is quite large, Karen, so I am often in luck. LOL

      Delete
  2. Great List and I don't know any of these books, except The Bluest Eye. 1970 was a good year for books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read the first two from the list, Emma, I am sure you would love them.

      Delete
  3. I don't know the Mary Scott, but it sounds really interesting and fun. Looking forward to your thoughts on Toni Morrison!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not many people know her, Simon. She was a New Zealand author and not that well known around the world, except for Germany, for some reason. It was easy reading but about a time and area we don't know that much about, her own at the beginning of the last century.

      Delete