Tuesday 8 October 2024

Top 5 Tuesday ~ Awards

Top Five Tuesday was originally created by Shanah @ Bionic Book Worm, but is now hosted by Meeghan @ Meeghan Reads. To participate, link your post back to Meeghan’s blog or leave a comment on her weekly post. I found this on Davida's Page @ The Chocolate Lady.

* * *
This week’s topic is Awards. Meeghan says: "Those You can pick a specific award (I’ll be doing the Aurealis Awards for Aussie-written fantasy) or just any book you’ve written that’s ever won an award. What are your faves?"

Awards is a great topics. I love awards, especially the Nobel Prize for Literature, so I have decided to go with my favourite book by my favourite Nobel Prize winning authors.
Camus, Albert "The Plague" (F: La Peste) - 1947

Pamuk, Orhan "My Name is Red" (TR: Benim Adım Kırmızı) - 1998

As you can see, all the authors have their own links which means I have read at least three of their books.

I contribute to this page: 
Read the Nobels and you can find all my blogs about Nobel Prize winning authors and their books here.

* * *
🏆 Happy Reading! 🏆
📚 📚 📚

9 comments:

  1. 'The Plague' is a *brilliant* book. One of my all time favourites. I have a few books about Camus which I'll *try* to get to next year....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is fantastic. Camus is one of my favourite authors, definitely my favourite French author.

      Delete
  2. I've heard of The Plague and Peony, but not the others. Looks like I have some books to check out! Thanks for joining this week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend them all, Meeghan. Mann, Camus and Pamuk are my favourite authors from those countries and they all belong to my favourite authors overall.

      Delete
  3. A suitable subject these days. I have read Mann and Camus, but not the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, Lisbeth. My favourite award, even though I'm not too happy about this years selection (though I applaud that they gave it to a woman). As I just said to Meeghan ^^, I recommend all those books that I presented here.

      Delete
  4. I've not read any of these. If I had done this topic, all of my books would've been by Dan Jones and the award would be given by me for him being the best medieval historian who writes about all of my most/least favorite people who is also gorgeous with lots of tattoos. It's a totally legit and real award, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But of course, Sarah, we all have our own "awards". LOL

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I am sure you would love some of these books.

      Delete