Monday, 6 June 2011

Austen, Jane "Northanger Abbey"

Austen, Jane "Northanger Abbey" - 1818

First of all, I am a huge Jane Austen fan. I have read all of her novels, most of them several times.

"Northanger Abbey" is by far my least favourite Austen, it seems like it's written by a different person but that's normal since it's supposed to be a parody. Obviously, she seems to have portrayed the gothic novel quite well and I'm not much into those.

Another reason that this is quite different from her other novels is probably that it was published posthumously without her being able to revise it.

I read a lot of novels by or about Jane Austen. Find a link to all my reviews here.

I have reviewed "Northanger Abbey" a second time  as a member of The Motherhood and Jane Austen Book Club. Find that review here and a list of all my "motherhood" reviews here.

2 comments:

  1. Must be an enjoyable read Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. loved the way you wrote it. I find your review very genuine and original, this book is going in by "to read" list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. Jane Austen is my favourite author and any of her books are certainly worth reading. I'm glad you will read her.

    ReplyDelete