Monday, 6 June 2011

Vossestein, Jacob “Dealing with the Dutch”

Vossestein, Jacob “Dealing with the Dutch” - 1998

Based on his wide experiences and insights of all types of foreign views on the Dutch, Jacob Vossestein is called an interculturalist. He wrote this as a guide book for companies and people wanting to do business with the Dutch.

However, this is also very helpful if you just live in the Netherlands and have to “deal” with them on a normal every day business. This guy knows what he's talking about. He studied human geography and social anthropology and he observed his fellow countrymen very well.

I wish someone had given this book to me before I moved to the Netherlands. I probably might have thought it can't be that  bad or I might have never moved here.

In any case, this work gives a very good account of Dutch culture and behaviour, what you should or shouldn't do when working with Dutch people. Great insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment