Tuesday 5 October 2021

Eleven Years of Blogging

11th "Blogiversary"

It's a special day today. At least for me. Eleven years ago, I started this blog.

Eleven is a prime number. Its twin is the next prime number, 13. It has a lot of meanings.
Armistice on WWI was declared on "the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" 1918. This is still the time and date it is commemorated today.

Apollo 11 was the first rocket to land on the moon. There are eleven players on a football field. In chemistry, it's the atomic number for sodium.
Apparently, according to the know-it-all WWW, the number eleven is a master number in numerology. It is a double digit of the number one which stands for beginnings and purity and the meaning of the prime number doubles its strength. The number eleven also stands for balance and represents male and female, sun and moon. That is interesting because my star sign is the libra which also balances everything. So - perfect. Not that I really believe in this but it's always interesting to read what people have been coming up with.

My very first entry was about Jane Austen. "Which Austen Heroine are You?" (apparently, I'm Elinor Dashwood), followed by a list of my Favourite Books Ever. I carried on with a list about our Book Club History, right after that a post about the Nobel Prize for Literature winner of 2010 (Maria Vargas Llosa), which was then followed by a post about my favourite book ever, "The Children's War". I have, of course, updated all those lists over the time.

I think this shows how I play with my blog. I love Classics (329 posts so far), Nobel Prize Winners (121), Lists (149), I have been a member of a Book Club for decades (198), Book Quotes, Top Ten Tuesday (193) challenges, the Classics Club (39) and the Classics Challenge 2021, Spell the Month in Books, Six Degrees of Separation etc. And I Travel the World Through Books. This is only a smidgen of the topics I blog about but I hope I have given a quick overview.

I have found many other enthusiastic readers here whose blogs I love to read and who come to my blog and comment on our issues. I found many, many interesting books that way, and had lots of fascinating conversations.

So, thank you all for your support. I look forward to the next couple of years of living in the blogging world.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, 11 years is awesome! Happy blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lindsey. Yes, it is, and I'm happy to have started this years ago on the recommendation of a friend.

      And you have just introduced me to a third spelling which I really love. I had only seen blogIversary and blogAversary before, maybe we should try E and U? Or Y? I think noboday knows because someone made it up.

      How long have you been blogging?

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Marianne! I'm coming up to 10 years at the end of the month - doesn't seem that long really... Cheers PS about to launch Books You Loved October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carole. Wow, I thought you'd been there longer than me.

      And yes, I've seen the mail this morning, I had been wondering whether you were alright. You know I'm always late with responding to that but I love it.

      Delete
  3. Eleven years...that's awesome. Happy blogoversary! I love that you do bookish quotes as one of your regular posts, and that your reviews are always so great. Here's to many more years. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, Lark, that is so kind of you. And I very much appreciate you responding so often. It's always nice to talk about books and everything related to it. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Wow! What an awesome milestone! All your hard work and effort does not go unnoticed by me! I appreciate all the behind the scenes work that goes into producing consistent and quality blog posts! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another awwww, Carol. Thank you so much. I love your blog, as well.

      Delete
  5. Happy blogiversary little sister ! (my 11th was on September 29yh - I didn't do anything special this year, I did last year). So good to have you around. And to many more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We seem to have a lot in common. That was a day after my real birthday. LOL

      Anyway, I haven't done anything like this before but since I saw a few other bloggers reminisce on their blogiversaries, I thought it's about time I did, as well.

      Thanks, Emma.

      Delete